No one wants to enjoy the same meal repeatedly, so it’s good to shake up your recipe repertoire with a new meal every so often. If you want to keep prep to a minimum and your kitchen cool, then this Chicken Taco Recipe is a perfect addition. Made with pre-cooked chicken, a mixture of veggies, and shredded cheese, this recipe is delicious and fulfilling. Try it once, and your entire household will be requesting it again very soon. Check out the ingredients list and directions below to get started.
For the salad
- 1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, except the tortilla chips and chicken, with the dressing. Then, top the salad with the chicken.
- Gently crush the tortilla chips slightly and use to top the salad. Finally, enjoy this recipe for five people!
The Sidney at Morningside Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia